Meet Michelle Marie Goetheyn, amazing bodybuilder from Dresden, Ontario. Being from a small town didn’t stop her from following her dreams and becoming fit and healthy. She recently went to Oregon to compete in a bodybuilding competition, which she did well in! Here is the short interview we did with her!
1. When did you first start bodybuilding?
I started to seriously get into it June 2017
2. What got you into it?
I was feeling like I was getting close to 50 and felt like it was now or never to get into the best shape of my life.
3. How has coming from a small town shape you as an athlete?
I think that the support that a small town gives you helps keep you motivated. Also it is not like the normal female sport so everyone always is so interested
4. What’s your favourite thing about it?
Watching how my body changes on a daily basis. Learning how to manipulate food with recovery time to get good results. Having the mental fortitude to push passed weak moments.
5. How do you stay healthy? Like what kinds of food do you eat or drinks you drink when you aren’t in the gym?
I try to stick with a diet that does not consist of processed foods or simple sugars. I always think from garden to plate. I also limit my meats. I prefer to have a more pescatarian diet. Lots of water and no alcohol I also play sports on off season times.
6. What’s your advice to young people who want to start bodybuilding?
Consistency that the key. Every day eat right. Train hard and stay motivated